Going skiing in a large group can make for a memorable holiday. Whether you're travelling with friends or family, this type of break offers endless opportunities for fun and relaxation in the company of those you love.
However, organising a group ski holiday by yourself can be difficult, especially when you have to take into account many different levels of skiing experience, individual preferences and varying budgets. That's why booking your break via a specialist in ski travel is essential to ensuring everything goes smoothly.
Established in 2006, Sno is the UK's fastest growing ski travel agent and works with the country's leading operators to offer fantastic group ski holidays at excellent prices. Our more than one million snowboarding and skiing getaways cover over 200 different resorts, providing lots of choice.
How to arrange a group ski holiday
There are a few things to consider when arranging a skiing trip for a large group. Here are some tips to help you through the process:
• Find out what everyone wants – Your idea of the perfect ski holiday might not match up to everyone else's preferences. Ask the members of your group how much they are willing to spend, what kind of accommodation they would like and what level of skiing ability they have. Also find out if anyone has any inclination towards a particular destination or resort. At the same time, be clear that you will make the final decision over the particulars of the booking to avoid hassle and delays.
• Look for group-friendly resorts – It's highly likely your group will have varying skiing skills. For this reason, it's a good idea to find a resort with a variety of skiing facilities for beginners, more experienced skiers and experts. This will keep everyone happy!
• Chalet or hotel? – If your group doesn't have a preference either way, it's best to book into a chalet rather than a hotel for a more social experience. However, if some members of the party would like a certain level of privacy, booking a set of rooms in a hotel might be the most suitable option.
• Look for special offers – It's possible to save quite a lot of money when booking a large group skiing holiday, either in the form of free or reduced cost places, or via perks such as discounted equipment hire. Do your research to find the best deal.
• Collecting money – Many holidays require a deposit to be paid some time in advance, so be ultra-organised and collect everyone's money as soon as you can. Make it clear to everyone what will be required from them as soon as you start making the holiday arrangements and they should all be sufficiently prepared.
Choose Sno for your next group ski break
The best way to book your group ski holiday in as efficient a way as possible is to consult the experts. At Sno, we have the knowledge and experience to find the most suitable package for your party from one of our big-name partners, which include Thomson Ski, First Choice Ski and Inghams.
All of our breaks are ATOL-protected for your peace of mind, while we also offer an extra layer of security in the form of Supplier Failure Cover from the Travel Trust Association – so you can be sure you will get your money back in the event one of our suppliers cannot provide the holiday you have booked.
Find out more about our group ski holidays by visiting our website or calling us on 020 8133 8899 today.